Are you becoming a new bearded dragon owner?
Would you like to learn more about these reptiles?
Informational books have been the go-to throughout human history because they’re a great place to find a lot of info in one place.
Finding the right book for your situation is tricky, so we came up with our list of the best bearded dragon books.
Read on for our reviews below.
Table of Contents
Review Of The Best Bearded Dragon Book
In this section, we look at the best bearded dragon books, the authors, and what the books have to offer.
Each one is different from the others, but all of them are useful for a new pet owner or bearded dragon enthusiasts.
Bearded Dragons (Complete Herp Care) By Philip Purser
This book is designed as a complete care guide for anyone who wants to know how to care for a pet bearded dragon.
It’s available on Amazon Kindle and in paperback for a reasonable price.
This book covers the following topics:
This detailed book is 128 pages long, offering a shorter text than the others on our list.
The level of detail and topics covered make this a good guide for new to gently experienced owners.
The author, Phil Purser, is a bearded dragon hobbyist who has been published for his writing on topics related to pet care.
Readers said this about the book:
- Easy reading for new owners
- The short text makes it easier to digest quickly
- Kids like the book
- Author’s tone is expert and yet kind
Less detailed on advanced topics such as breeding to create morphs such as the leatherback
The Bearded Dragon Manual, 3rd Edition by Philippe De Vosjoli
As the title says, this book is designed as an all-encompassing manual for everything you’d need to care for a pet beardie.
This book is available on Amazon Kindle and paperback for an affordable price.
The manual covers the following information:
- Life Stages
The unique emphasis on the different needs of the bearded dragon depending on its age is what makes this book unique.
It’s also filled with beautiful and colorful illustrations and images.
This book is 174 pages long and offers one of the best guides to caring for bearded dragons throughout a long and healthy life.
The author, Mr. De Vosjoli, is published and respected as a reptile expert.
He supplements his expertise by working with renowned veterinarians and herb experts to cover important topics in greater detail.
Customers had the following to say about the book.
- A comprehensive book for new owners
- Clear details on the different care needs for the different stages of life
- Information is backed by experts in specific fields
- Great, helpful pictures
- Information may be a little outdated
Bearded Dragon Care Book by Ben Team
This book on Bearded Dragon Care (available only in paperback) is designed to be a thorough guide to everything you need to know about caring for a beardy.
Topics covered include:
- Captive considerations
- Daily care
- Myths and Misunderstandings
- The ideal environment
As you can probably tell from this list, the author goes into more detail than what you may need just to take care of a new bearded dragon.
But this information is all helpful and detailed in such a way anyone can understand and use it.
This is all done in 92 pages.
The author, Ben Team, is an experienced reptile owner and nature enthusiast.
His special qualifications as an outdoor educator make him uniquely poised to write a book for all to understand, and this comes through in his clear style of writing.
The readers had the following to say about the book.
- Great kids series
- Clear information for anyone
- Covers a wide variety of topics
- Information is more general than you may want
- Book is fairly short
Bearded Dragons: The Essential Guide to Ownership & Care for Your Pet (Bearded Dragon Care) by Kate H. Pellham
This is another guide for new owners available at an affordable price on Amazon Kindle and paperback.
This book covers a wide variety of topics, including:
- Health Issues
- Introduction to breeding
- Different types of bearded dragons
This book places a large emphasis on diet and setting up the environment for your bearded dragon.
These two things are essential for a healthy bearded dragon as almost all health problems which occur are caused by a poor diet or enclosure setup.
The book is 170 pages long written by the author, Kate H. Pellham, who has published several other texts on reptile care.
The customer experience boils down to this.
- Great guide for caring for a pet lizard
- Clear and detailed information on diet and care
- Thorough information for new owners
- Grammar and printing errors are found occasionally
- No pictures included
The Bearded Dragon Manual: Expert Advice for Keeping and Caring For a Healthy Bearded Dragon by De Vosjoli, Sommella, Mailloux And Others
This manual is for the bearded dragon lover who wants to know everything about this species from a panel of experts in one place.
The book is available on Kindle and paperback.
Topics for this book include detailed sections on:
- History and characteristics of the different types of bearded dragons
- How to select bearded dragons as pets or for breeding
- Creating a comfortable habitat for your baby bearded dragon with proper heat and lighting
- Understanding typical bearded-dragon behavior
- Feeding your dragon a nutritionally sound diet throughout its life
- Recognizing signs of disease and how to handle health issues
- Informative health and feeding charts as well as helpful answers to dragon-keeping FAQs
- Close to 100 color photographs, including a section dedicated to beautifully colored bearded dragon morph
- A special chapter on the care and breeding of frilled dragons
This basic bearded dragon book is very detailed and contains a lot of information and pictures.
At 224 pages, this is the largest and most thorough book for everything about bearded dragons on our list.
- Answers every question you could have
- A large panel of experts give the best information
- Useful pictures included
- Great for all bearded dragon owners
- Book seems to support cohabitation which is discouraged by most bearded dragon experts
We hope you enjoyed looking at our list of the best bearded dragon books.
There are a lot of different options to choose from, but if you stick with these proven and helpful reference books, you won’t be steered wrong.
If you found this article helpful, you may also want to check out our general guide on what is a bearded dragon and responsible pet care.
Books like these make for great gifts for bearded dragon enthusiasts.